The passion of our church to reach beyond our walls in service is tremendous and growing! As a faithful congregation, our goal will always be to disburse 10% of our actual ‘received giving’ back out in the form of Outreach dollars.
Here is a little glimpse of how your generosity has made an impact in the last year:
• 3 Blood Drives - 39 units donated = 117 lives saved!
Christian Community Action (CCA) Pantry
• 18 volunteers gave their time on the third Sunday of every month = 216 volunteers in 2014!
Denton State School
• 1 Gift Tree = 125 gifts collected for the residents
The Ebby House
• Your generosity exceeded expectations when you donated boxes and bags full of paper, pens, binders, folders, backpacks, books, etc. to the College School Supply Drive
• Out of the $700 raised as part of the Global Gift Market, we were able to purchase a wireless printer/scanner/fax machine for their growing computer lab. We are also donating an additional $2000 to help supplement the cost of new laptops to empower these girls to apply for jobs, register for college and do their homework.
Global Gift Market
• Almost $8,900 raised to support various charitable organizations both locally and abroad
• $170 of yummy bake sale goodies sold to support our Creekwood
Kids Hope USA
• 10 mentors and 10 prayer partners trained
• 1 mentoring space decorated
• New mentoring partnership launched between 1 school/1 church/10 AWESOME kids!
• 16 boxes and 6 big plastic bags of clothes, shoes, canned goods and household items collected to support Southwest Good Samaritan Ministries
Our Calling – Thanksgiving Outreach
• 17 volunteers blessed with the opportunity to serve the homeless on Thanksgiving Day in partnership with the organization ‘Our Calling’ who served over 500 guests total that day
Souper Bowl Sunday
• 734 food items collected to support CCA in an effort to ‘Push Hunger Through the End Zone’
Wash Out Hunger Car Wash
• Over 500 cans collected for the CCA food pantry to help stock the pantry for summer.
Youth Mission Trip Auction
• $13,000 raised that will allow our youth and young adults, ages 9-22 to work with community partners in Houston to provide safe, affordable housing and to volunteer with men recovering from addiction.